April 17, 2015
Lean protein, whole grains, healthy fats. Not your typical chicken wing.
2-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
1-16 oz. ball whole wheat pizza dough, plus flour for rolling
1 cup Byrne Hollow Farm Plain Greek Yoghurt
3/4 cup hot sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1. Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to the pan. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides, add to pan. Cook 5-7 minutes on first side. Flip and cook another 5-7 minutes, or until breasts are cooked through (depending on thickness). When chicken is done, breasts will be firm to the touch, or you can use an instant read thermometer (165°F). Remove chicken from skillet. Cool.
2. On a floured surface, roll pizza dough out to about 8″ x 14″.
3. Transfer to a greased sheet tray. Using a pizza cutter, make 1.5″ deep cuts lengthwise down the dough on both sides, about 2″ apart.
4. When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred into pieces. Add yogurt, hot sauce, and mozzarella. Mix. Place chicken mixture in the center of the dough.
5. To braid, lift strips of dough across the chicken filling to meet at the center. Cross and tie into a knot. Repeat with the rest of strips down the pizza braid.
6. Mix remaining 2 Tbs. olive oil with Italian seasoning. Brush onto dough.
7. Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes, or until crust is golden. Enjoy!