January 28, 2015
Lighten up your Super Bowl snacking with a homemade Spinach dip using Byrne Hollow Farm Greek Yoghurt instead of cream cheese!
1 medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. each: salt, pepper, hot sauce
10 oz. baby spinach
3/4 cup Byrne Hollow Farm Plain Greek Yoghurt
1/4 cup Byrne Dairy Sour Cream
2 oz. Byrne Dairy Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1. Preheat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and sliced onion. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until onions are translucent and golden brown.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add spinach to the pan and cover with a lid (it will look like the pan is too full, but the spinach will wilt.)
3. After 2-3 minutes, remove lid (be careful of the steam) and stir to combine wilted spinach, onion, and garlic. Turn stovetop off, and remove pan from heat.
4. Add Greek Yoghurt and Sour Cream; mix to combine. Optional: transfer mixture to a blender and pulse to desired consistency.
5. Transfer dip to a baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Serve with chips & veggies to dip!