As we prepare for Thanksgiving, we’re sharing a recipe from Erika B., Customer Account Manager! Erika’s Baked Mac ‘n’ Cheese features Byrne Dairy Aseptic Half and Half, one of our innovative shelf-stable dairy products. You can stock up on Byrne Dairy Aseptic Half and Half and store it in your pantry until you’re ready to use it. Aseptic products only need to be refrigerated after opening!
Happy Thanksgiving from Team Byrne. We’re thankful to be part of your dinner table.
Erika’s Baked Mac ‘n’ Cheese featuring Byrne Dairy Aseptic Half and Half
(serves about 8-10 people)
- 1 box macaroni noodles
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated cheddar-gruyere cheese
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Colby Jack cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated smoked gouda cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 3 cups Byrne Dairy Aseptic Half and Half
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Add a box of macaroni noodles to a pot of boiling salted water on the stove over medium heat until they are cooked al dente. Occasionally stir to avoid the noodles from sticking together.
- In a large bowl, grate each block of cheese to the measurement in which the ingredients reflect, and put aside to use later.
- In a separate pot, heat up the salted butter over medium heat until melted. Then add Byrne Dairy Aseptic Half and Half, plus each of the listed seasonings and mix. Once the mixture starts to simmer, turn down the heat to low and slowly sprinkle in about half of the bowl of grated cheeses while stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Once the oven is preheated, strain the noodles and add them into an oven-safe baking dish. Pour the cheese sauce over the noodles and mix, ensuring even distribution throughout. Sprinkle the other half of the grated cheese over the noodles and cheese sauce, creating a top layer. If you would like a little extra flavor, lightly sprinkle some more of each seasoning over the top layer of cheese.
- Put the dish of mac ‘n’ cheese into the oven for about 20-25 minutes and enjoy!